Here are a selection of your favourite songs from the year.
Leeds Libraries are still running their annual Summer reading challenge....but it will look a bit different this year.
Do you fancy a summer reading challenge?
Leeds Libraries From Home - Summer Reading Challenge Special
The theme will celebrate funny books, happiness and laughter.
Please click on the link below to find out more!
Welcome back! We hope that you have all managed to enjoy some of this beautiful weather, despite the lock down restrictions. Hopefully, you have had lots of opportunities to play outdoors now that we have a little bit more freedom to do so. As was the case last term, we will continue to upload a weekly overview every week which can be found in the attachments below this paragraph. This term, we are asking you to continue to use the BBC Home Learning resources as these really do offer fantastic guidance and are very engaging. Please take note of any guidance we have included in the weekly overview each week as from time to time, there may be changes. We have included the afternoon session from the Bitesize page this term too which I hope you enjoy! We will be leaving the resources on from last term just in case you still need to finish off any of the tasks. Please remember that the First News Newspaper will be uploaded weekly and that you also need to try and use Lexia and TT Rockstars daily. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact school and we can support you with this. STAY ALERT, CONTROL THE VIRUS, SAVE LIVES.
- Year 4 Summer 2 - WEEK 7 Learning Overview (13th to 17th July)
- Year 4 Summer 2 - WEEK 6 Learning Overview (6th to 10th July)
- Year 4 Summer 2 - WEEK 5 Learning Overview (29th June to 3rd July)
- Year 4 Summer 2 - WEEK 4 Learning Overview (22nd to 26th June)
- Year 4 Summer 2 - WEEK 3 Learning Overview (15th to 19th June)
- Year 4 Summer 2 - WEEK 2 Learning Overview (8th to 12th June)
- Year 4 Summer 2 - WEEK 1 Learning Overview (1st to 5th June)
First News Education connects news and learning by delivering weekly reading activities based on exploring the latest stories from First News, the UKs only newspaper for young people. This is an additional learning resource that will be updated weekly should your child complete the weekly tasks set or wish to improve their comprehension skills. LKS2 activities target Class 4 and UKS2 target Y5 and 6.
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 734 (10 - 16 July 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 734
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 734
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 733 (3 - 9 July 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 733
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 733
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 732 (26 June - 2 July 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 732
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 732
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 731 (19 - 25 June 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 731
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 731
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 730 (12 - 18 June 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 730
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 730
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 729 (5 - 11 June 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 729
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 729
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 728 (29 May - 4 June 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 728
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 728
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 726 (15 - 21 May 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 726
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 726
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 725 (8 - 14 May 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. (VE Day) Issue 725
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 722
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. (VE Day) Issue 725
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 724 (1 - 7 May 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 724
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 724
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 723 (24- 30 April 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 723
- UKS2 Look Closer Reading Comp. Issue 723
- FIRST NEWS NEWSPAPER Issue 722 (17 - 23 April 2020)
- LKS2 Four Stories Reading Comp. Issue 722
Senora Woodward has created a document for Year Four to link to the Spanish scheme of learning. I am sure that you will have lots of fun completing.
Here is this week's music lesson.
Enjoy another music lesson ...
Hola Class 4. Senora Woodward has produced 2x Spanish tasks for you to complete this half term. I know that you will continue to impress your adults at home with your Spanish learning.
If you haven't yet already registered, please sign up to the FREE ChessKid account provided by CSC (Chess in Schools & Communities) who provide our in school chess tutor. Just use the Join Us Parents link .
Class 4, we hope that you are all well and have enjoyed the lovely weather during the Easter break. Attached below is an overview of the learning for this week. Included in this document are the websites that you will need to visit to access the tasks. If you have any issues accessing the sites, please contact school and we can support you with this. In addition to Maths and English, on the BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons page, there are extra lessons that I have not included on the learning overview that the children can also select from. This is a FANTASTIC website and the interactive resources provided are both engaging and inline with the curriculum. Please remember to read daily too! Do not panic if you find something too challenging - only complete what you can. We are always here and can be contacted at any time to support you. Keep smiling and stay safe.
- Y4-Lesson-1-Multiply-2-digits-by-1-digit-2019 (1).pdf
Each week, the children have the option to complete a lesson from our geography topic. The lessons have a great deal of content in them so please just pick from them and remember that the children DO NOT have to complete it all! Please feel free to adapt as you feel.
- Geography Topic Teaching Notes (6 Sessions)
- Geography Lesson 1 North American Cities Summary.docx
- Geography Lesson 1 North American Cities.pdf
- Geography Lesson 1 North American Cities_Answers.pdf
- Geography Lesson 1 North American Cities Photo Sheet.ppt
- Geography Lesson 1 South American Cities Summary (1).docx
- Geography Lesson 3 South American Cities.pdf
- Geography Lesson 3 South American Cities_Answers.pdf
- Geography Lesson 3 South American Cities Photo Sheet (2).ppt
Attached below are resources that have been produced by NatWest in-line with their MoneySense school campaign that they launched at the start of 2020. These have been specifically created for use at home as the team are no longer available to visit school to deliver workshops that were planned in for the summer term. The children will learn all about budgeting, including how to create a budget and how key financial documents can be used to monitor income and expenses. They are high quality and very engaging and I am sure they can be enjoyed by all in the household. Please ensure that you read the learning guide and watch the PowerPoint presentation before attempting the activities so that they are easier to understand. NatWest are also introducing MoneySense Mondays from 4.5.20. These interactive lessons will be broadcast live on the NatWest Facebook page every Monday morning from 10am for young people and parents to watch together. Hosted by a teacher and Community Banker, the first 30 minutes will be dedicated to KS1 and the second half for KS2. Enjoy!
Hola Class 4. Senora Woodward has produced a Spanish newsletter for you on El Cuerpo , the body, that includes vocabulary learning, games, songs and video links. Why not impress your adults at home by completing your Spanish learning.
Enjoy your weekly music lesson!
Here is your weekly music lesson from Mrs Rivers... enjoy!
Mrs Rivers has created a music lesson for you to enjoy. 27.4.20
The BBC is to publish curriculum related learning resources to support the education of the nations children during the coronavirus lockdown. Launching on April 20, the resources will feature curriculum related learning for children aged 5 to 14. BBC will have Daily programmes to help guide parents and children through their learning. Daily online lessons for all age groups. Further online content including videos, quizzes, podcasts and articles focusing on the core subjects. BBC Bitesize Daily, as it will be called, will deliver its daily materials across BBC iPlayer, Red Button, BBC Bitesize website and app, BBC Four and BBC Sounds. Each day, a number of 20-minute programmes will be available on BBC iPlayer or BBC Red Button, from where parents will be directed to resources available that day on BBC Bitesize online. All content will be divided into age groups. BBC Bitesize online will home a new Maths and English lesson for every child every day with more subjects to follow. BBC Bitesize will also house podcasts, videos, quizzes and lessons. Further information BBC Bitesize: www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/znbnscw?dm_i=3YNL,14EWE,2T9R0V,3Y6KX,1
White Rose Maths are creating daily tasks for children and publishing them within the 'Home Learning' section of their website. Below is the link for the Year 4 tasks. If you click on each task, there is audio guidance of how to complete each task which will be really helpful for the children as it explains the tasks very clearly! Simply click on the link below and you will have access to this. We are now on 'Week 2' and White Rose Maths have uploaded the lessons already for the entire week. They will continue to upload like this for the forseeable.
Just follow these four easy steps…
1) Click on the set of lessons for your child’s year group;
2) Watch the video (either on your own or with your child);
3) Find a calm space where your child can work for about 20-30 minutes;
4) Use the video guidance to support your child as they work through a lesson.
Following each video, there are tasks assigned that you can download and the answers to these are also available to you.If your child struggles with these, please do not worry about having to access the daily task within a different year group - that is absolutely fine! White Rose Maths have also created Facebook groups for each year group for further support helping your child should you require it (please copy and paste the link below into your browser and join the group). The team will be online every weekday between 10.00 and 11.00am to share children’s questions, examples and stories via any of their social media channels.